200 General Knowledge Quiz of Ancient India History-Today we will tell you the information about the ancient history of India in this post in question answers. This information is useful for all of us. Today in all the competition examinations, many questions related to the ancient history of India are asked. If you are preparing for this post, then all of them have answered very important questions related to History of India General Knowledge pdf, Indian History General Knowledge Quiz Indian History Questions, And Answers History Questions and Answers pdf. Read them carefully. very useful for you
200 General Knowledge Quiz of Ancient India History
1. Who first addressed India as India?
Answer- The Greeks
2. From where have we got the evidence of rice?
Answer. Rangpur and Lothal
3. What was the capital of the Vardhana dynasty?
4. What is the meaning of Mesopotamia?
Answer. the land between two rivers
5. In which period was chalk (Potter’s wheel) invented?
Answer. in the Neolithic
6. Who founded Srinagar?
Answer. Ashoka, on the banks of the river Vitasta
7. What were the 11 disciples of Mahavir called?
8. Which was the southernmost site of the Indus Valley Civilization?
Answer. Daimabad, Ahmed Nagar, Maharashtra
9. What was the capital of the Hoysala dynasty?
Answer. Dwar Samudra
10. What was the initial capital of Gango?
11. In whose reign did the fourth Buddhist council take place?
12. Who is the author of Prithviraj Raso?
13. Who was the originator of Sakhya philosophy?
Answer. Kapil Muni
14. When did the Chinese traveler Hiuen Tsang come to India?
Answer. Between 630 and 644 AD
15. Who was the successor of Samudragupta?
Answer. Chandragupta II (Vikramaditya)
16. What were the two sects of Jainism?
Answer. Shvetambara and Digambara
17. In which period fire was invented?
Answer. in the Palaeolithic
18. Which was the easternmost site of the Indus Valley Civilization?
Answer. Alamgirpur, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
19. Which is considered the most sacred river in Rigveda?
Answer. Saraswati river
20. Who was the founder of the Gahadwal dynasty?
21. In which dynasty was the Manusmriti written?
Answer. during the time of the Sunga dynasty
22. Who was the first follower of Mahavira?
Answer. Mahavir’s son-in-law Jamali
23. Who was the founder of the Sen dynasty?
Answer. Samant Sen
24. What was the name of Gautam Buddha’s father?
25. Who was the last king of the Chola dynasty?
Answer. Rajendra III
26. Who was the founder of the Rashtrakuta dynasty?
27. From where is the famous national sentence of India ‘Satyamev Jayate’ taken?
Answer. from Mundakopanishad
28. Who is considered the real founder of Jainism?
Answer. to Mahavir Jain
29. When was the second Jain Sabha organized?
Answer. in 512 AD
30. Who is the author of Ashtadhyai?
31. Which is considered to be the Veda of Tantra-Mantra?
32. What was the name of Ashoka’s father?
33. Who discovered Mohenjodaro?
Answer. Rakhaldas Banerjee, in the year 1922
34. Who was the first woman to enter the Buddhist Sangha?
Answer. Prajapati Gautami, step mother of Gautam Buddha
35. Under whose chairmanship was the Fourth Buddhist Council held?
Answer. Vasumitra and Asvaghosha
36. Who is considered the first author of Samaveda?
Answer. to Jamney
37. Which was the first animal domesticated by primitive man?
38. Which is the oldest Veda?
39. What was the second capital of Kanishka?
40. Who was the founder of the Pala dynasty?
41. Who built the Lingaraj temple in Bhubaneswar?
Answer. Raja Yayati Kesari
42. To which dynasty did Mahatma Buddha belong?
Answer. from the Shakya dynasty
43. Who founded the Chalukya dynasty of Kalyani?
Answer. Tailap II
44. Where was the second Jain Sabha held?
Answer. in Vallabhi
45. Who started the circulation of Inscriptions in India?
46. What is the ultimate goal of life in Jainism?
47. Who was the founder and first ruler of the Pallava dynasty?
48. What is the literal meaning of Nirvana?
Answer. Extinguishing the lamp
49. When was the first Jain Sabha organized?
Answer. 322 to 298 BCE
50. How is the Kharoshthi script written?
Answer. from right to left
51. Who built the famous Tat Temple?
Answer. Pallava ruler Narasimha Varman II
52. What is the literal meaning of Dholavira?
Answer. White well
53. Which Goddess was worshiped by the people of Indus Valley Civilization?
Answer. Mother Goddess
54. Who added the fifth Mahavrata ‘Brahmacharya’ in the four Mahavratas of Parshvanath?
Answer. by Mahavir Swami
55. When was the fourth Buddhist council held?
Answer. First century
56. By what other names is Ashoka known?
Answer. Devnaam Priya and Priyadarshi
57. From where did the Aryans come to India?
Answer. from central Asia
58. Who was the founder of Shvetambara?
59. Who was the first powerful ruler of the Haryanka dynasty?
60. Who was the founder of the Shung dynasty?
Answer. Pushyamitra Shunga
61. Who was the last ruler of the Chauhan dynasty?
Answer. Prithviraj III
62. Mudrarakshasa was written by whom?
Answer. by Visakhadutt
63. What is the symbol of Mahatma Buddha?
64. Who was the 23rd Tirthankara of Jainism?
65. Chandragupta Maurya had defeated the foundation of the Maurya dynasty was defeated?
Answer. by defeating Dhanand
66. Lothal is situated on the bank of which river?
Answer. In Gujarat, on the banks of river Bhogwa
67. Which are the mandalas added later in Rigveda?
Answer. first and tenth
68. Ashoka’s name Ashoka is found in which inscription?
Answer. In Maski and Gurjara inscriptions
69. Who was the last ruler of the Maurya dynasty?
70. Which was the favorite animal of the Aryans?
71. Who was the exponent of Nihilism (Shunyavad)?
72. Who was the exponent of ‘Dvaitadvaita’ theory?
73. Who was the last king of the Kushan dynasty?
74. When did the Kalinga war take place?
Answer. in 261 BC
75. What is the incident of renunciation of Mahatma Buddha called?
Answer. Grand Eradication (Mahabhinishkraman)
76. Who built the monolithic chariots of Mahabalipuram?
Answer. by Pallava king Narasingh Varman I
77. Who called Harappa a colony of Mesopotamia?
Answer. Mortimer Wheeler
78. Who became the president of Jain Sangh after the death of Mahavira?
79. Who was the favorite god of the Aryans?
80. Geet Govind is written by whom?
Answer. by Jaydev
81. In which language is the Kalpasutra written?
Answer. in Sanskrit
82. Who was the founder of the Kanva dynasty?
83. Which Veda is considered the father of Indian music?
Answer. to Samaveda
84. What was the name of Gautam Buddha’s wife?
85. Who founded the city of Delhi?
Answer. Tomar Naresh Angpal
86. Who was the last Gupta ruler?
87. Megasthenes was the ambassador of?
Answer. of Seleucus Nicator
88. Who was the founder of the Gupta dynasty?
89. What did primitive man first learn?
Answer. lit the fire
90. Who started the Chishti sequence in India?
Answer. Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti
91. Who founded Nalanda University?
Answer. by Kumaragupta
92. Who was the famous Greek who came to the court of Chandragupta Maurya?
93. Which was the political and cultural center of the Pandavas?
94. Which is the largest Harappan city in India?
95. Who founded Odantapuri University?
Answer. Gopal has
96. Which period is known as Golden Age in Indian history?
Answer. to the ‘Gupt’ period
97. When was Chandragupta Maurya born?
Answer. in 345 BC
98. Who built the Vijay Stambh?
Answer. Rana Kumbha, in Chittorgarh
99. Who was the originator of the philosophy of justice (Nyay Darshan)?
100. Who was the founder of the Islam religion?
Answer. Hazrat Muhammad
101. How did the Harappans behave in weighing?
Answer. 16 or its periods
102. What was the capital of Magadha during the time of Bimbisara?
103. How many mantras are there in Samaveda?
104. From where has the Gurjara inscription been obtained?
Answer. from Madhya Pradesh
105. Who started the feudal system of giving land?
Answer. Harsha Vrdhana
106. What is the size of the entire area of the Indus Civilization?
107. How many times is the river Yamuna mentioned in the Rigveda?
Answer. 3 times
108. When and where was Mahavir born?
Answer. 540 BCE, at Kundagrama of Vaishali
109. By whom was the Satavahana dynasty appointed?
Answer. by Simuk
110. When and where did Mahatma Buddha die?
Answer. in 483 BC, in Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh
111. What is the war between Sikandar and Porus called?
Answer. Battle of Hydaspes (Battle of Vitasta or Jhelum)
112. By what other name is Bindusara known?
Answer. Amitraghat, Amitrakodas and Singh Sen
113. What was the name of Mahavir’s son-in-law?
114. In whose reign was the third Buddhist council held?
115. Which is the oldest and proven prosperity?
116. Where did Mahatma Buddha give maximum sermons?
Answer. Sravasti, the capital of Kaushal Pradesh
117. At what age did Mahavira leave his home and become a sanyasi?
Answer. at the age of 30
118. Who is considered the author and collector of Puranas?
Answer. Lomaharshak and his son Ugrashrava
119. From when is the period of Rigvedic civilization considered?
Answer. 1500-1000 BC until
120. From where has the evidence of lipstick, kajal, and four-wheeler vehicles been found in Gujarat?
Answer. from Chanhudaro
121. What is the main sport of the Harappans?
122. How many mantras are there in Atharvaveda?
123. Who was the last ruler of the Chola dynasty?
Answer. Raj Raja II
124. How many mandalas are there in Rigveda?
Answer. 10 Mandals
125. Where was the second Buddhist council held?
Answer. in Vaishali
126. From which inscription does the word Chandragupta get its first mention?
Answer. From Junagadh inscription of Rudradaman
127. Who defeated Pulakeshan Ditiya?
Answer. Narasingh Varman I
128. Who was the 24th or last Tirthankara of Jainism?
Answer. Mahavir Swami
129. What was the childhood name of Mahatma Buddha?
130. What is the symbol of the birth of Mahatma Buddha?
131. Who was the exponent of Vishisht Duality Theory?
132. Who was the founder of Shishunaga dynasty?
133. What is the total area of the Indus Valley Civilization?
Answer. 1299600 km
134. Who wrote the book Indica?
135. Which is the last mandala in Rigveda?
Answer. Tenth Mandal
136. What was the real name of Ved Vyas?
137. Who is called the oldest Jain?
Answer. on the 14th
138. Where did Mahavira die?
Answer. Near Rajgriha in Pavapuri
139. What is Ashoka called in the Puranas?
140. Who had brought up Gautam Buddha?
Answer. Prajapati Gautami, aunt of Mahatma Buddha
141. Who was the last ruler of the Pallava dynasty?
142. When did the Arabs first attack India?
Answer. Under the leadership of Muhammad bin Qasim, in 712 AD
143. Which was the main port of the Indus Civilization?
144. In how many days did Mahatma Buddha attain enlightenment?
Answer. 49th day
145. Who was the court poet of Samudragupta?
146. When did the Hijri Samvat begin?
Answer. in 622 AD
147. To which deity is the ninth mandala of Rigveda dedicated?
Answer. to Soma Devta
148. Who wrote the famous book of Hindu law Mitakshara?
149. Whom did Ashoka send to Sri Lanka to propagate Buddhism?
Answer. To his son Mahendra and daughter Sanghamitra
150. Which is the largest building found in Mohenjodaro?
Answer. Granary (Annagar)
151. What was the Childhood name of Mahavira?
152. What was the name of Ashoka’s mother?
153. Which is the shortest inscription of Ashoka?
Answer. Rummindei inscription
154. Who was the first great emperor of the Gupta dynasty?
Answer. Chandragupta I
155. Under whose presidency was the Third Buddhist Council held?
156. Where are the 16 Mahajanapadas described?
Answer. Aguntar Nikay
157. What was the main feature of the Indus civilization?
Answer. Town planning
158. Who was the founder of Digambara?
159. What are the four Vedas?
Answer. Rigveda, Samveda, Yajurveda and Atharvaveda
160. What are the three gems (Triratna) of Jainism?
Answer. Time philosophy, time knowledge, and time conduct
161. When and who started the excavation of Harappa?
Answer. In 1921, Dayaram Sahni
162. Which is the festival celebrated on the birth of Mohammad Sahib?
163. Which inscription describes Ashoka’s war of Kalinga?
Answer. in the 13th record
164. At what age did Mahavira attain knowledge?
Answer. at the age of 42
165. Who was the founder of the Chauhan dynasty?
166. Matsyapuran gives information about which lineage?
Answer. of the Satavahana dynasty
167. When and where was Hazrat Muhammad born?
Answer. In 570 AD, Mecca
168. Who was the founder of the Solanki dynasty?
Answer. Mulraj I
169. From whom did Chandragupta Maurya take the education of Jainism?
Answer. from Bhadrabahu
170. Whose son was Nagdasaka?
171. What was the script of the people of the Indus Valley Civilization?
Answer. Expressions pictorial
172. To which Varna did Mahatma Buddha belong?
173. Under whose chairmanship was the first Buddhist council held?
174. Who built the famous Jain temple of Dilwara on Mount Abu?
Answer. Samant Bimal of Bhima I
175. By what name is Jain literature known?
176. Who was the Guru of Ashoka?
177. Who was the last ruler of the Shunga dynasty?
178. Which is the largest pillar inscription of Ashoka?
Answer. Seventh column article
179. Who was the last ruler of the Nanda dynasty?
180. What was the main crop of the people of the Indus Valley Civilization?
Answer. wheat and barley
181. By whom was the maximum number of gold coins issued?
Answer. by Gupta kings
182. In what is the story of Buddha’s previous birth described?
Answer. in the Jatak
183. When and where did Alexander die?
Answer. in 323 BC, Babylon
184. Where was the third Buddhist council held?
Answer. in Pataliputra
185. From where have the evidence of bronze dancer and priest’s building been found?
Answer. from Mohenjodaro
186. Where was the first Jain Sabha organized?
Answer. in Pataliputra
187. Under whose chairmanship was the second Buddhist council held?
188. Who gave the name of Indus Civilization to Harappan Civilization?
Answer. by John Marshall
189. Who was the exponent of Shuddhadvaita theory?
190. Where did the Aryans first settle?
Answer. in Punjab and Afghanistan
191. From when is the period of Indus Valley Civilization considered to be?
Answer. 2350 BC to 1750 AD
192. What is the literal meaning of Kalibanga, the site of the Indus Civilization?
Answer. black bangles
193. What is the meaning of Mohenjodaro?
Answer. mound of the dead
194. What was the name of Mahavir’s father?
195. How many times did Mohammad Ghaznavi attack India?
Answer. 17 times
196. What is known about the early history of Jainism?
Answer. by kalpasutra
197. Who was the originator of Purva Mimamsa philosophy?
198. Who was the founder of Buddhism?
Answer. Gautam buddha
199. Who was the most famous ruler of the Kushan dynasty?
200. With which religion is the Eightfold Path related?
Answer. from Buddhism