Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu Biography, Birth, Age, Education, Political Career, Family, Children & More
Recently, the results of the Legislative Assembly elections of two states Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh came. While the BJP registered a historic victory in Gujarat, the Congress won a clear majority in Himachal, dislodging the BJP from power.
The Congress elected Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu as the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh and he became the 15th Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh. Let us tell you that on 11 December 2022, Sukhbinder took oath as the Chief Minister of Himachal.
Sukhbinder’s father was a bus driver
Sukhwinder is also in the limelight because he belongs to a humble family, the son of a bus driver who rose from poverty to become the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh. Sukhu is a member of the Legislative Assembly from the Nadaun constituency and former president of the Himachal Pradesh Congress.
Sukhwinder held key positions in the Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee such as the former President of the HPCC in the Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee. Sukhu came into the limelight when the Congress won the 2022 state elections and Sukhu emerged as one of the three candidates for the chief minister’s post. The Congress elected Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu as the Chief Minister. Let’s get to know Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu Birth, Age, Education, Political Career, Family, Children & More
Birth, Age, Education, Political Career, Family, Children, and more
|Full Name||Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu|
|Bor||27 March 1964|
|Place of Birth
||Village-Bhabran, District Hamirpur,
|Ag||58 years (by 2022)|
||Village Bhabaran, Post Office Kitpal,
Tehsil Nadaun, District Hamirpur,
|Post||Chief Minister, Himachal Pradesh
Educational Qualification and Profession
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate|
|School||Government High School, Kasumpti|
|College||MA (1988) Govt. Degree College, Sanjauli|
|University||H.P. LLB from University in the year 1992|
|Father’s Name||Late Shri Rasil Singh (Driver of Government Roadways)|
Marital Status and Affairs
|Kamlesh Thakur (Home-maker)|
||In meters -1.65 m
Feet and Inches – 5’5″
Centimeter – 165 cm
|Hair color||Black and White|
- 1989 Appointed as the head of the state unit of NSUI
- 1992-2002 Won the election of councilor twice
- 1998-2008 State Youth Congress chief
- 2003 Entered the Legislative Assembly for the first time as an MLA
- 2013-2019 led the State Congress Committee
- 2022 Elected 15th Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh
How much property does Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu have?
Let us tell you that out of a total of 68 MLAs who won the 14th Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh, 63 MLAs are crorepatis. In which the name of Sukhwinder Singh is also included. According to the total assets mentioned in the affidavit given by Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu to the Election Commission in the Himachal Pradesh 2022 general elections, there is agricultural land worth about 24 lakhs. This includes Rs 2 lakh in cash, gold and silver jewelry, vehicle, and savings in LIC and bank, besides assets worth Rs 5 crore. In vehicles, he has Maruti 800, Alto, and Scorpio model 2008. Apart from this, he has a debt of about 20 lakh rupees.
According to the affidavit, Sukhu currently does not have any commercial buildings, while in 2017 he had a building worth about one crore. At the same time, he currently has a house worth 40 lakhs. While in 2017 its price was Rs 14 lakh. MLA from Nadaun Assembly Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu has movable and immovable assets worth more than Rs 7 crore 80 lakh till 2022. While in the 2017 Vidhansabha Election (Nadaun Vidhansabha Election) Sukhwinder Singh declared his total assets as more than Rs 05 Crore. There has been an increase of about 64 percent in assets as compared to 2017.
Became MLA four times
Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu, 58, has been elected MLA for a record four times in Himachal. In 2003 he was first elected as MLA from the Nadaun assembly constituency. Then became MLA from Nadaun in 2007, 2017, and now in 2022. Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu married Kamlesh Thakur on 11 June 1998. she is a housewife. He has two daughters, both studying at Delhi University.
Known-Unknown facts related to Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu
- Coming from a humble background, Sukhu 40 belongs to the small village of Bhabaran in Nadaun (Himachal Pradesh). His father was a driver in State Roadways.
- He was elected as the class representative in class 11 at Government Degree College, Shimla in 1981. During school time, he did jobs to finance his studies.
- Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu started his political career in student politics and rose to the position of state unit chief of Congress.
- A postgraduate from HP University in 1992, Sukhu has also done an LLB.
- In 1989, Sukhu was elected president of the state unit of Congress. Between 1998–2008, Sukhwinder also served as the President of the State Youth Congress.
- Between 1992 and 2002, Sukhu was twice elected as a corporation of the Shimla Municipal Corporation.
- Sukhu has been an opponent of Virbhadra Singh, who has been the Chief Minister six times but has always stood firm. Even as PCC president, his tenure was marked by an acrimonious relationship with the then CM Virbhadra.
- Carrying a non-controversial image, he marched onto the political scene with determination and developed a strong support base among the people and among party workers. He is considered to have good relations with the Gandhi family.
- Selected MLA and Politician, Sukhu has no criminal record.
- Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu, three-time MLA from Himachal Pradesh and head of the election committee of the Congress.
- On 11 December 2022, Sukhu was sworn in as the 15th Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.