history of America
This question remains in the minds of many people that since when has America started, friends, today’s most powerful country, America’s history is not old, it is difficult to know whether the first people lived here or not, it was discovered in 1492, its area 3898 square miles which is the fourth largest country in the world. It is probably the country with the most states in the world. It is a federal country made up of 50 states, and Washington, D.C. is its capital. The largest city is New York. Its population is 325 million, which is the world’s most populous country after China and India.
It is made up of several states, hence it is known as the United States of America. The geographical conditions, climate and wildlife of the United States are extremely diverse. About 80% urbanization has taken place in America and it is developing day by day.
read aldo –
Discovery of America
Columbus knew that the earth was round, so he set out in search of India by the way of the sea. Columbus mistook them for Indians and addressed them as Red Indians.
When Columbus came to Spain, he told that he had found India, this thing spread all over Europe and people started reaching through the sea. For a long time, the discovery of Columbus was veiled, but when after Columbus an explorer named Amerigo Vespucci clarified that the place where Columbus discovered is not India but America. Only then the error of Columbus could be removed.
When the European countries got information about the American continents, they competed to make their own colonies, in which Britain, Spain and France were in the forefront. In the eastern part of here, the British people had settled 13 different colonies, which used to run their rule under the British flag. Apart from England, there were other people from Europe as well.
In 1773, a resolution passed in the British Parliament imposed a tax on Americans on the import of tea, which meant that America was a slave to Britain. The Native American settlers in the 13 colonies were dissatisfied with the policies of the British government and declared themselves an independent nation on 4 July 1776, named United States of America.
After a long war, in 1783, the government of France and England recognized these 13 colonies as a separate country, which was named United States. In 1788, the US enacted its constitution. Thus George Washington became the first President of independent America.
After becoming a country, America started expanding its empire. In 1803, America bought Louisiana, a large part of France. California became part of the United States in 1848, when it received it from Mexico.
America showed the power of military power in World War I and emerged as a superpower in World War II by using nuclear weapons.
After the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991 and the end of the Cold War, the United States of America was established as a superpower in the world.
At present, America is the country with the largest economy in the world. y. The reason for this is that there is no shortage of natural resources, according to the International Monetary Fund, US GDP is $ 21.44 trillion, its annual GDP growth rate is 2.3%. The US economy has stable GDP growth rate, low unemployment. Research and capital investment has always been maintained at a higher rate and higher level.
The United States is the largest importer of commodities and the second largest exporter; the US dollar is the world’s primary reserve currency. In America, beryllium, copper, lead, magnesium, zinc, titanium, liquefied natural gas, sulphur, phosphate etc. are found in abundance. The main crops here are maize, soybean, groundnut, oats, rye, wheat, rice, cotton, corn, barley, dry grass, sunflower, and oilseeds etc.
America is such a country whose economy is being followed by other countries as well. This is a country that ranks third among the countries that spend the most on military work, but even today the military power and economic power of the United States is considered a superpower. Most of the billionaires in the world are from America. In any case, America is far ahead of other countries.
America’s Civil War
America itself has also suffered a civil war, from 1861 to 1865, the war from the North State of America to the South State went on. This war took place over slavery. One was in favor of it and the other was against it. Gradually, the northern states made a law to end slavery. It was such a war in which 7 American soldiers and 3 lakh civilians were killed.
States of America
The United States has 50 states which are as follows –
- Texas ,
- New Jersey,
- New York,
- New Mexico,
- North Dakota,
- New Hampshire,
- North Carolina,
- Rhode Island,
- Virginia ,
- South Carolina,
- South Dakota,
- West Virginia,
- Utah, Louisiana,
- Washington and Hawaii etc.
Ancient American Civilization
America was discovered by Columbus in 1492. but before People used to live here too, America civilization is being considered as ancient civilization by the exploiters. The ancient Maya civilization of America was established in Guatemala, Mexico, Honduras and Yucatán Peninsula. It was an agricultural civilization. The Maya civilization was at its peak between 250 AD and 900 AD. In this civilization, great importance was given to astronomy, mathematics and Kalachakra. Mexico was the stronghold of this civilization.
Information about America
- In America, one out of every 10 people works in McDonald’s, here this is the main source of employment.
- Everyone living in the US uses the same amount of resources as 32 people living in Kenya.
- In America, black people were previously kept as slaves.
- The United States had bought Alaska from Russia in 1867, for which it had to pay $7.2 million to Russia.
- Apple company has more assets than America’s treasury.
- It was illegal to celebrate Christmas in America until 1836.
- Amendments were sought to change the name of America in 1893.
- The US Parliament is called the Congress.
- The national bird of America is the hawk.
- America’s Air Force ranks first in the world.
- The Statue of Liberty was gifted to America by France on July 4, 1776.
- The practice of keeping dogs in America is very high, here there are about 89.7 million dogs.
- In the US city of Montana, the number of animals is 3 times more than humans.
- In America, every day 4 crore 40 lakh newspapers are read and thrown away by people.
- According to the US Constitution, no person can be elected to the presidency more than twice, but it is an exception that Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected President of America four times.
- In Montana city of America, the number of animals is 3 times that of humans, here animals go yellow for milk and meat.
- The people of America gamble about 30 lakh crores every year.
- The tallest mountain in America is McKinnell. Whose height is 6,194 meters.
In America, 40 percent of children are born before they get married.
You May Read Also –