10 Important Facts About Air India’s Newly Appointed CEO Ilker Ayci
Former Turkish Airlines Chairman Ilker Ayci was on Monday appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Air India (Tata Sons authorized).
|Ilker Ayci- photo credit-ndtv.com|
10 Important Facts About Air India’s New CEO Ilker Ayci photo-ndtv.com
Ilker Ayci, former chairman of Turkish Airlines, was on Monday appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Air India by its new owners Tata Sons. Tata Sons issued a press release saying that after much deliberation, the Board has approved the selection of Mr. Ilker Ayci as CEO and MD of Air India. The company said in its statement issued that Mr. Ilker Ayci appointment is subject to regulatory approval. Mr. Ayci can also assume his charge on or before 1st April, 2022.
Following his appointment at Air India, the elated Mr. Ilker Ayci said that he was proud and honored to join the Tata Group and lead the prestigious airline. Further he said that he –
“”We will do our best to leverage the historical solid legacy of India’s oldest airline – Air India to make it one of the best airlines in the world again, with a distinct superiority flying experience that reflects Indian warmth and hospitality”.
Here are 10 important facts about Ilker Ayci the newly appointed CEO and MD of Air India:
1) Shortly before his appointment to Air India, Ilker Ayci was the chairman of IC Turkish Airlines and prior to that he was also on the company’s board.
2) Ilker IC was elected Vice President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies in 2013 and then its President in January 2014.
3) Aysi has previously served as the President of the Republic of Turkey Investment Support and Promotion Agency (in 2011). It is the official organization to promote Turkey’s investment opportunities to the international business community.
4) He has also been on the board of the Turkish Football Federation and the Turkish Airlines Sports Club, in addition to being a member of the Turkish Business Council of Canada and the US-Turkey Business Council.
5) Between 2005 and 2006–Mr. Ayci worked as a general manager for Basak Sigorta AS, and
then for Guns Sigorta AS. between 2006 and 2011.
6) He began his career in 1994 and has been associated with organizations such as Kurtsan Ilaklari A.S., and Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.
7) He graduated from the Department of Political Science and Public Administration at Bilkent University, Turkey in 1994.
8) After graduating from the University of Bilkent,
Ayci worked as a researcher in the Department of Political Science at the University of Leeds (UK) in 1995.
9) Mr. Aysi also completed his Master’s degree in International Relations from Marmara University, Turkey in 1997.
10) Ilkar Aysi was born in the year 1971 in the city of Istanbul, Turkey.