What is Deen Dayal Swalambam Yojana? know important information related to it
Often, a person’s talents, skills, and vision go untapped, trying to fit into a career in pursuit of security, but not necessarily in pursuit of their interest. The administration sector is one such career vertical that many youngsters try to enter every year in search of a secure career.
However, it is important to note that there is no scope to employ everyone in the administrative sector (or any other sector/industry for that matter) due to limited vacancies and opportunities. Hence, Deen Dayal Swalambam Yojana, a state flagship startup loan scheme launched by the Government of Arunachal Pradesh in the year 2017 as a means of curbing unemployment by uplifting the unemployed youth of the state through investment in the entrepreneurial sector.
The scheme caters to startups in the following sectors:
- Agro-Horticulture and Allied Sectors.
- Food processing units in agriculture, horticulture, and allied sectors include packaging, cold chain, cold storage, bamboo, etc.
- Weaving traditional cloth for modernization of traditional looms and purchase of new looms for starting new weaving units.
- Eco-tourism which includes homestays and tour operators.
Establishment of small-scale manufacturing units/service centers/diagnostic centers. Preference will be given to those unemployed youth who have degree/diploma holders in tourism and hospitality, ITI, or any other technical degree/diploma related to fabrication, I.T., mobile repairing, motor garages, etc. Preference will also be given to private doctors. However, for the opening of medical clinics and diagnostic centers in border CD blocks, the diagnostic fee will be fixed at a reasonable rate).
Salient Features of the Scheme
- 40% back-ended capital investment subsidy
- Project loan from Rs.10 lakh to Rs.1 crore (excluding the cost of land and building)
- Women entrepreneurs are entitled to receive additional interest subvention of 5% per annum till they become NPA (Non-Performing Assets).
Benefit and beneficiary
Launched under the leadership of the Honorable Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh Mr. Pema Khandu, this program aims to provide financial assistance in the form of subsidies for entrepreneurial endeavors to unemployed youth with low cost of capital who are interested in the business sector. ,
Under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Swavalamban Yojana, the state government is helping unemployed youths seeking to set up small and medium enterprises in collaboration with SBI to get bank loans between Rs 20 lakh. 10 lakh and Rs. 1 crore with a provision for a front-ended capital investment subsidy of 40% of the project cost.
As per the program, candidates can borrow money from any state bank except Arunachal Pradesh Gramin Bank (APRB) and Arunachal Pradesh State Co-operative Apex Bank Limited (Apex). Women business owners are eligible for an additional 5% subsidy each year, up to a total of 30%, till they become a non-performing asset (NPA).
Eligibility and Registration
Any unemployed youth who wants to start the entrepreneurial journey and want to start a business can apply for this scheme. Women entrepreneurs get the privilege of double the benefits of the scheme.
To register, eligible beneficiaries have to enroll themselves with the Stand Up India program of the national government to avail the benefits of the scheme and the rest of the process is mostly offline.
- Register on Stand Up India Portal www.standupmitra.in
- Prepare a DPR on any eligible activity
- Fill Form (Annexure A) and Declaration
- Submit the application along with all details/certificates to the office of the ADC, HQ, and obtain acknowledgment of receipt
- Appear before the District Level Screening Committee as and when called
- Applicable only in commercial banks.
For safety and security reasons related to money, it is mandatory for the selected candidates to contribute at least 10% of the project cost from their own pocket as part of the Swavalamban startup loan program.
Both the Central Governments and State Governments constantly come up with strategies and measures to provide comfort to their citizens and bring peace to their communities. For this reason, many schemes and projects have been started for the welfare and prosperity of the people. But many people remain unaware of them. This is one of the major reasons why various measures have been initiated with initiatives like Sarkar Aapke Dwar and others to bring awareness among the otherwise ignorant citizens.