Sonam Kapoor Biography 2024: Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Husband, Family, Kids, and more -Actress and Anil Kapoor’s daughter Sonam Kapoor has given birth to her first child. 20/08/2022 Sonam Kapoor has given birth to a son Sonam Kapoor reveals why welcoming a baby boy is a ‘very selfish decision’ as she graces the cover of a new magazine.
Happiness came to Sonam Kapoor’s house, gave birth to her first child as a son
After about four years of marriage, Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor became a mother.
|IMAGE CREDIT–hindustan times
Yes, it is believed that on behalf of Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja, actress Neetu Kapoor first informed about this by sharing a post on social media. However, Sonam Kapoor has also given this information to her fans by posting on Instagram.
For your information, let us tell you that Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja were married in May 2018. Sonam Kapoor has been in a discussion about her baby bump for the last several months and she gave the good news through social media. A few days ago, She wrote in a post on Instagram, ‘We are ready for your good upbringing’. However, as of now, no one has any information about the name of the baby to be eaten.
Sonam Kapoor Biography 2022: Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Husband, Family, Kids, and more
- Veteran actor Anil Kapoor’s daughter Sonam Kapoor has got her photoshoot done on the cover of a fashion magazine, in which she is seen caressing her baby bump in a new photoshoot.
- Sonam Kapoor welcomed her unborn child along with her husband Anand Ahuja on Saturday (19/08/2022). Soon after, a fashion magazine unveiled her cover photo from her latest photoshoot, in which the actress is seen in a buttonless shirt. Ahead of the birth of her child, Sonam had also shared her thoughts on becoming a parent.
- In this picture featured on the cover page, Sonam Kapoor is seen caressing her baby bump as she smiles for the camera in minimal makeup. The actress had come from London for her delivery a few weeks back.
- Opening up about her decision to become a parent, Sonam told Vogue in an interview, “Priorities change and I think my child will be my priority now. The truth is that they made a difference in this world. I have decided not to come. You have decided to bring them here, so it is a very selfish decision.”
Sonam Kapoor Biography 2022: Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Husband, Family, Kids, and more
Sonam Kapoor made her debut with the film Saawariya (2007) opposite Ranveer Kapoor and the 2013 film Raanjhanaa gave impetus to her film career. Sonam is also involved in many social works, she also works to raise public awareness about breast cancer and LGBT rights. She is married to industrialist Anand Ahuja. And now the couple has given birth to their first child.
Sonam Kapoor is the daughter of veteran actor Anil Kapoor. After marriage, she is known as Sonam Kapoor Ahuja because her husband’s name is Anand Ahuja. Sonam has worked in many best Bollywood films. She has received a National Award and a Filmfare Award for her brilliant performance. She was also included in Forbes India’s 100 Influential Celebrities for her acting and dressing sense. On this page, we are sharing information related to Sonam Kapoor. Read the full page.
|Sonam Kapoor Ahuja
|Sana, Sonam, Giraffe
|Actress and model
|9 June 1985
|1 Son (born on 20/08/2022)
Sonam Kapoor’s body measurement is 5.9
|34 – 26 – 34
Sonam Kapoor started her school at Arya Vidyamandir Juhu Mumbai. She graduated from Mumbai University and East London University. Sonam has done her graduation in Economics & Political Science.
Sonam Kapoor’s Favorite Things / Hobbies
Sonam Kapoor loves reading books and shopping. Her hobbies are collecting, writing, and painting video games.
Sonam Kapoor’s marriage and personal life
Sonam Kapoor was married to industrialist Anand Ahuja. They got married in 2018 and gave birth to their first child (born on 20/08/2022) who is a son.
Sonam Kapoor’s family details
|1 son (born on 20/08/2022)
Birth, family, and education of Sonam Kapoor
She was born on 9 June 1985 in Chembur, Bombay, Mumbai.
Her father is actor and producer Anil Kapoor, son of late filmmaker Surinder Kapoor, and founder of Anil Kapoor Films Company. Her mother, Sunita, is a former model and designer. Sonam has two younger siblings, filmmaker Rhea and brother Harshvardhan.
She is the niece of film producer Boney Kapoor and actor Sanjay Kapoor. Actress Sridevi and producer Mona Shourie (Boney’s wives) were her aunts. Kapoor’s cousins are actors Arjun Kapoor, Janhvi Kapoor, and Mohit Marwah, and her second cousins are actor Ranveer Kapoor.
She was educated at Arya Vidya Mandir School in Juhu, where she was a “naughty” and “reckless” child. who threatened the boys. She performed in sports such as rugby and basketball and trained in Kathak, classical music, and Latin dance. She attended the United World College of Southeast Asia in Singapore for her pre-university education, where she studied theater and art.
Later returning from the University of East London, began courses in economics and political science through the correspondence program of the University of Mumbai, where she pursued a bachelor’s degree in the same subjects, but returned to Mumbai soon after starting.
Sonam Kapoor Marriage
On 8 May 2018, Kapoor married Indian businessman Anand Ahuja in a traditional Sikh ceremony in Bandra, Mumbai.
Sonam Kapoor Career
Sonam’s first job was as a waitress at the age of 15, although it only lasted for a week. As a teenager, she struggled with her weight. She has been diagnosed with insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian disease and has since started an initiative to raise awareness about diabetes.
During the making of the Black film, Sonam developed an interest in acting when Sanjay Lila Bhansali said that he wanted to cast her in the lead role in his next film Saawariya. She was advised to lose weight, at that time she weighed around 80 kg. Inspired by Bhansali’s belief in Her, she lost 35 kilograms in two years. Sonam studied acting with Roshan Taneja, Jayati Bhatia, and Firoz Abbas Khan.
Saawariya, released in 2007, Sonam Kapoor plays the role of a Muslim woman waiting for the return of her lover opposite Mukherjee, Ranbir Kapoor, and Salman Khan. She was given the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut nomination and the Stardust Female Award for Tomorrow’s Superstar.
In 2009, Sonam played the role of an aspiring singer in the social drama Delhi-6 directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra along with Waheeda Rehman and Abhishek Bachchan. Sonam’s first release in 2010 was Punit Malhotra’s romantic comedy “I Hate Love Stories”, opposite Imran Khan. I Hate Love Stories was Sonam’s first commercial success, earning ₹725.2 million worldwide.
Sonam Kapoor next played the titular role in Ayesha, a romantic comedy-drama film based on Jane Austen’s novel Emma, which was produced by her sister Rhea. In 2011, Kapoor starred in Thank You, a comedy film about three women who teach their husbands a lesson.
She then played the romantic role of Shahid Kapoor in the romantic drama Mausam, directed by Pankaj Kapur. The following year Sonam played a computer hacker alongside Abhishek Bachchan, Neil Nitin Mukesh, and Bipasha Basu in the Abbas-Mustan-directed robbery film, Players, a remake of 2003’s The Italian Job.
Sonam Kapoor’s role in the romantic drama film Raanjhanaa (2013) directed by Aanand L Rai marked a turning point in her career. Sonam played the role of Zoya Haider, a young Muslim student from Varanasi who entered politics after the murder of her Sikh lover. Raanjhanaa was a commercial success, earning Sonam her first nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress, grossing over US$13 million worldwide.
Sonam followed the success of Raanjhanaa with a brief role in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013), a biopic on athlete Milkha Singh. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of the year. Both the films Raanjhanaa and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag received the Filmfare Award for Best Film nomination.
In 2014, Sonam played the role of banker Myra Sehgal in Yash Raj Films’ comedy-drama Bebakufiyan along with Ayushmann Khurrana and Rishi Kapoor. She then starred opposite Fawad Khan in the romantic comedy Khoobsurat, an adaptation of the 1980 film of the same name. Although she received a Filmfare nomination for Best Actress for her performance.
In 2015, Sonam starred as a runaway bride in Dolly Ki Doli, a heist comedy co-starring Pulkit Samrat, Rajkummar Rao, and Varun Sharma. She was nominated for the Best Actress Filmfare Award.
In February 2015 in Gondal, Gujarat, Sooraj filmed Barjatya’s “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” with Salman Khan, while Sonam Kapoor was diagnosed with swine influenza, from which she recovered the following month. Played the role of Maithili Devi. The film was a huge success and became the highest-grossing film in Bollywood.
After appearing in the music video for Coldplay’s “Hymen for the Weekend”, She starred in Ram Madhvani’s biographical thriller Neerja (2016). She played the character of air hostess Neerja Bhanot, who lost her life while trying to rescue the passengers of the hijacked Pan Am Flight 73 in 1986.
In 2016, Sonam was listed as the Best Actress in Hindi Cinema, while Rajeev Masand invited her to his annual Best Actresses Roundtable. Sonam won a National Film Award – Special Mention and a Filmfare Best Actress (Critics), a Filmfare nomination for Best Actress, along with several other accolades.
She played a social worker in Padman (2018), which is based on a short story from Twinkle Khanna’s book The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad. The film, starring Akshay Kumar and Radhika Apte, was based on the life of social activist Arunachalam Muruganantham. Who campaigned for menstrual hygiene in rural Indian areas.
In 2019, Kapoor starred in the film Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga co-starring Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, and Rajkummar Rao.
Sonam Kapoor Achievement
- She appeared on The Huffington Post’s list of “100 Most Influential Women on Twitter” in 2015.
- Featured in Rediff.com’s list of “Bollywood’s Best Fashionable Actresses” in 2012 and 2013.
- In 2013, Sonam was named a Style Icon and Beauty of the Year by the Indian edition of Hindustan Times and Vogue.
- She was ranked seventh in The Times of India’s 2010 “Most Desirable Women” list.
- In 2013, she was ranked 48th and 45th respectively in the Indian edition of Forbes’ “Celebrity 100” list based on the income and popularity of Indian celebrities.
- She was named Woman of the Year in 2013 by men’s magazine GQ India.
- In 2015 she won the Most Stylish Star (Female) and Absolute Alix Style & Substance Awards, and in 2016 she was named Most Stylish Star (Female) and red carpet royalty.
- In 2011 she was named the Brand Ambassador of the Year at the NDTV Good Times Gadget Guru Awards.
- Sonam Kapoor is also the Indian brand ambassador of the Elle Breast Cancer Campaign.
Sonam Kapoor’s brand ad
Sonam endorses various products – Colgate, Electrolux, Lux, Mont Blanc, Oppo Mobile, Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A. Additionally, Sonam Kapoor is the Indian brand ambassador for international cosmetics manufacturer L’Oreal.
Sonam Kapoor awards
- In 2008, she was given the Stardust Award for Super Star of Tomorrow Female for the film Saawariya.
- She was given the Stardust Award for Best Actress in a Comedy and Romance for the film Beautiful in the year 2015.
- She was given the Big Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role in the year 2015 for the film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.
- She was awarded Best Actress for the film Neerja and Asia Vision Award, Icon of the Year, and Star Screen Awards in 2016 at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne.
- She was given the Stardust Award for Editors’ Choice Best Actress of the Year for the film Neerja.
- She was given the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the film Neerja.
- In the year 2017, she was given the National Film Award for Special Mention.
Sonam Kapoor movies
|I Hate Love Story
|Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
|Dolly ki Doli
|Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
|Veere Di Wedding
|The Zoya Factor
|Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga
|AK vs AK