What is Facebook Marketplace How to Use Buy and Sell Items Locally?
Facebook Marketplace – It’s a World Wide Public Network, it’s your Social Network Platform – and now it’s Market too! On October 3, Facebook introduced Facebook Marketplace, a new feature that allows users to do business with other people in their area to buy and sell items. On iOS or Android, go to the Facebook App and tap the Shop icon at the bottom of the app to check out the new feature for yourself.
You must have noticed in the last few weeks that now there is a new tap on Facebook called ‘Marketplace’. Now, that tab is a gateway to a new service from Facebook that’s exactly what a marketplace sounds like.
Nowadays people can easily do all the work sitting at home, whether you want to buy or sell something, nowadays it is the era of online, just like you used to sell your new or old items sitting at home on Quikr, OLX Air Cashify, in the same way. Facebook has also brought you a new feature of the Marketplace. In which you can sell your product by entering its details.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a digital marketplace where users can arrange to buy, sell and trade products with others in their area. All transactions take place outside the app, and are not assumed to be the responsibility of Facebook in any legal sense.
How to use Facebook Marketplace
It is very easy to use Facebook marketplace, you have to open Facebook, if you are using mobile then open Facebook application.
Step.1 After opening the Facebook app, you have to tap on the 3 Dot line (Menu Button) given in the top right side.
Step.2 Now appears in front of you in Menu Options with Marketplace Icon. You just have to tap on it.
Now you have entered Facebook’s Marketplace, in which you can sell your product and buy the product from Facebook market.
Facebook Marketplace allows such as:-
- find items to buy
- Search Products for Sale by Category or Location
- Create an item listing. You can take an image for a product using the Camera function within the app, or optionally you can add photos from your device’s camera roll. The products are sorted according to the location and category.
- In the Product section, you can see your past and current transactions in the Massage Your Item section.
- Massage service for transaction to product buyers/sellers.
Facebook has no role in facilitating or managing transactions – users are expected to work together.
Who can use the Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is available for Android and iPhone users aged 18+. Anyone who is free to buy, sell and trade items using the Facebook marketplace.
Are you ready to buy and sell?
Now that you are familiar with all the nuances of Facebook Marketplace, just go ahead and do all the transactions you want to do.
But, before you start selling remember that you must be 18 and over to be able to use the Marketplace
What can you buy from Facebook Marketplace
You can find items ranging from clothing to TVs and even cars and real estate. People sell used and new items and it’s easy to find listings within your local area. Buying and selling is simple, and you can connect with others and view items in person before buying. For more information, see the Facebook Commerce Policy.
Tips For Selling and Buying item in Marketplace
What are some tips for buying and selling shipped items on the market. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when buying or selling shared items on the Marketplace.
Tips For Seller
- First make sure that your product for sale complies with Facebook’s Commerce Policies.
- Never ship an item before receiving full payment.
- Clearly communicate Shipping Time Line, Carrier (Example: FedEx), Delivery Status and Tracking information to your buyer.
Tips For Buyers
- Know the person from whom you are buying the product by visiting your Marketplace Profile.
- To make sure you fully understand the condition of the product you’re buying, message the seller asking for more images and information.
- Research the cost of the item for sale. If it looks like the seller is offering the item for very little money, it’s best likely.
- Message the seller about your payment preference and suggest the payment provider who provides purchase protection. Check their usage terms to see if your transaction is Protected.